9-3 pm, April 6, 2016
Meet at Christ Lutheran Church on Capitol Hill
105 University Avenue West, Saint Paul
Izaak Walton League members and their conservation allies from across Minnesota will gather Wednesday April 6th in Saint Paul to urge state legislators to support our conservation priorities. (The exact advocacy agenda will be determined based on current needs in the legislative process.)
- Support Pollinators with better habitat alongside roadsides, and fewer harmful neonicotinoid pesticides across our landscape;
- Protect Our Waters with continued implementation of 2015's buffer requirements;
- Protect high conservation values on school trust lands in State Forests, Scientific and Natural Areas and Wildlife Management Areas from requirements to generate revenue by compensating the school trust account;
- Support funding for permanent conservation easements to restore wetlands and provide expanded buffers along waterways in southern and western Minnesota (RIM/CREP); and
- No Rollbacks of environmental protection!
Register early on-line: minnesotaikes.org – Our volunteers will make appointments with your Senator and Representative for you.
No cost: free-will donation requested.
Included: Briefings and information on the issues, "How to effectively lobby your legislator" training, "buddying up" with others for your visits to legislators, lunch and snacks.
YOU are invited! Izaak Walton League members want to invite all "Friends" to join us in making a powerful statement for conservation in Saint Paul on April 6th. Bring friends. Teachers, bring your students.
Questions and further information: Contact Don Arnosti firstname.lastname@example.org